Russian Money 10 Rubles banknote 1997

Russian Currency money 10 Rubles banknote 1997
The 10-ruble Bank of Russia note
Russian banknotes 10 Ruble note
Russian Money 10 Rubles banknote 1997 Bank of Russia

The front of the banknote depicts the bridge across the Yenisei river and a chapel in Krasnoyarsk.
On the back of the banknote there is the Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric station dam.

The 10-ruble banknote is printed on high-quality cotton paper of a light-yellow hue. The protective fibres of light-green, red and violet colours are chaotically embedded in the paper. The vertical security thread seen in the transmitted light is embedded in the paper. The banknote has local watermarks on the left and right coupon fields.
The paper has local watermarks on the left and right coupon fields. In the wide coupon field there is a chapel in the city of Krasnoyarsk and in the narrow coupon field there is a numeric value of the denomination (value numeral 10). When the banknote is held up to the light you can see various parts of the watermarks, some of which are lighter while others are darker than the surrounding paper.

The predominant colours of the banknote are dark-green and dark-brown.
The banknote possesses several machine-readable security features.
Dimensions 150 x 65 mm.
In circulation since 01.01.1998.

Russian banknotes - Russia paper money
1997-2010 New Ruble "Cities & Monuments" Issue

5 Rubles       10 Rubles       50 Rubles       100 Rubles
500 Rubles          1000 Rubles          2000 Rubles          5000 Rubles

Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Chapel
The Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Chapel (Russian: Часовня Параскевы Пятницы) is a Russian Orthodox Chapel, situated on the top of Karaulnaya Mountain, in Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. It is dedicated Paraskevi of Iconium (Paraskeva Pyatnitsa).
Before the arrival of the Cossacks, a pagan temple of the Tatars was located in the current place of the chapel. The Cossacks placed on the top of the mountain a watchtower to notify citizens about hostile raids.
In 1805 a merchant named Novikov constructed a wooden chapel on that place out of gratitude for being saved from a whirlpool of rapids. Another version about the construction of the building states that the local inhabitants built the chapel due to the deliverance of their ancestors from their enemies. However this building became decrepit after some time.
In 1852 the bishop of Tomsky, Afanasy, gave permission to the city Duma for the building of a stone chapel. Between 1852 and 1855 it was built by architects Ya. Alfeev and Ya. Nabalov from the funds of the prominent owner of gold mines and patron of art, Pyotr Kuznetsov. In 1887 the Russian scientist and radio inventor Aleksander Popov observed the solar eclipse from the chapel. In memory of this in 1977, on the East front of the building a granite memorial plaque was placed.
The chapel was abandoned during the Soviet era. Between 1973 and 1975 the building was restored with the projects of A.S. Brusnikin.
Since 1980 the building has been an architectural monument of local significance. It is in fact one of the major symbols of the city. The Chapel is today an important place of pilgrimage by citizens and visitors of Krasnoyarsk. A prominent number of brides and fiancées make their way towards the Chapel to make a declaration of love to each other.

Krasnoyarsk Dam
The Krasnoyarsk Dam is a 124-metre (407 ft) high concrete gravity dam located on the Yenisey River about 30 kilometres (19 mi) upstream from Krasnoyarsk in Divnogorsk, Russia. It was constructed from 1956 to 1972 and supplies 6,000 MW of power, mostly used to supply the KrAZ (Krasnoyarsk Aluminium Zavod, Krasnoyarsk Aluminum Plant). Both power and aluminum plants are controlled by the RUSAL company.
As a result of the damming, the Krasnoyarsk Reservoir was created. This reservoir, informally known as Krasnoyarsk Sea, has an area of 2,000 square kilometres (770 sq mi) and a volume of 73.3 cubic kilometres (18 cu mi). It is 388 km (241 mi) in length and 15 km (9 mi) in width at its widest, has an average depth of 36.6 m (120.1 ft), and a depth of 105 m (344 ft) near the dam.
The Krasnoyarsk dam has affected the local climate. Normally the river would freeze over in the cold Siberian winter, but since the dam releases unfrozen water year-round, the river never freezes in the 200-300 kilometers downstream. In winter, the frigid air interacts with the warm river water to produce fog, which shrouds Krasnoyarsk and other downstream areas.
The dam is equipped with a canal inclined plane to allow passage of ships. It is in fact an electric rack railway. The track gauge is 9,000 mm (29 ft 6 5⁄16 in). At the time of its construction, this feat of modern engineering allowed for ships to be physically re-moved in only 90 minutes.

Yenisei River
The Yenisei (Russian: Енисе́й, Jeniséj; Mongolian: Енисей мөрөн, Yenisei mörön); Buryat: Горлог мүрэн, Gorlog müren; Tyvan: Улуг-Хем, Uluğ-Hem; Khakas: Ким суг, Kim sug also Romanized Yenisey, Enisei, Jenisej, is the largest river system flowing to the Arctic Ocean. It is the central of the three great Siberian rivers that flow into the Arctic Ocean (the other two being the Ob and the Lena). Rising in Mongolia, it follows a northerly course to the Yenisei Gulf in the Kara Sea, draining a large part of central Siberia, the longest stream following the Yenisei-Angara-Selenga-Ider river system.
  The maximum depth of the Yenisei is 24 metres (80 ft) and the average depth is 14 metres (45 ft). The depth of river outflow is 32 metres (106 ft) and inflow is 31 metres (101 ft).