Lebanon 100 Livres banknote 1985

Lebanon 100 Livres banknote 1985 Beiteddine Palace
Lebanon 100 Livres banknote 1985 Cedars of Lebanon covered by snow
Currency of Lebanon 100 Livres banknote 1985
Bank of Lebanon - Banque du Liban
Lebanon Banknotes - Lebanon Paper Money

Obverse: Inner courtyard of Beiteddine Palace of emir Bashir Shihab II, Lebanon. Denomination is in Arabic numeral.
Reverse: The Cedars of Lebanon covered by snow. Denomination in words is in French language.
Main colors: Blue on light pink and light blue underprint.
Watermark: Bearded male elder.
Dimensions: 160 x 90 mm.
Printer: Thomas De La Rue & Company Limited, London, England.

Lebanon Banknotes - Lebanon Paper Money
1964 - 1993 Issues
On 1 August 1963 decree No. 13.513 of the “Law of References: Banque Du Liban 23 Money and Credit” granted the Bank of Lebanon the sole right to issue notes in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 250 pounds, expressed in Arabic on the front, and French (livres) on the back. All of these notes have security fibers embedded in the paper, though the location of them varies from right to left, and front to back, on different denominations.

1 Livre      5 Livres      10 Livres      25 Livres      50 Livres      100 Livres    

250 Livres      500 Livres      1000 Livres      10000 Livres

Beiteddine Palace
Beiteddine Palace is a 19th-century palace in Beiteddine (Beiteddine Palace is situated in the town of Beit ed-Dine, in Lebanon, around 40 km away from the capital city of Beirut). It hosts the annual Beiteddine Festival and the Beiteddine Palace Museum.
  The Beiteddine Palace, designed by an Italian architect, was built for Emir Bashir Shihab between 1788 and 1818. The design of the palace reflects a beautiful mix of Arabic and Italian Baroque styles.
  One of the highlights of the Chouf mountains is the early 19th-century Beiteddine Palace, located in the otherwise unexceptional Beiteddine village around 40km southeast of Beirut.
  Sitting majestically on a hill surrounded by terraced gardens and orchards, Beiteddine Palace was built over a period of 30 years in the early 19th century by Emir Bashir Chehab II, Ottoman-appointed governor of the region. Its name means ‘House of Faith’, acknowledging the older Druze hermitage that originally occupied the site.
  During the French mandate the palace was used for local administration, and after 1930 it was declared a historic monument. In 1943 Lebanon’s first president after independence declared it his summer residence. The palace was extensively damaged during the Israeli invasion; it’s estimated that up to 90% of the original contents were lost during this time. When fighting ended in 1984, the site was claimed by the Druze militia, and Walid Jumblatt, the Druze leader, ordered its restoration. In 1999 the Druze returned it to the government.
  Although conceived by Italian architects, the palace incorporates many traditional forms of Arab architecture. The main gate opens onto a 60m-wide outer courtyard (Dar al-Baraniyyeh) that’s walled on three sides only; the fourth side has views over the surrounding valleys and hills.
  A double staircase on the outer courtyard’s western side leads into a smaller central courtyard (Dar al-Wousta) with a central fountain. Beyond this courtyard (accessed from its northern side) is the third – and last – inner courtyard (Dar al-Harim). This was the centre of the family quarters, and incorporates a beautiful hammam and huge kitchens.
  Underneath the Dar al-Wousta (accessed via a doorway near the staircase) are the former stables, now home to an outstanding collection of 5th- and 6th-century Byzantine mosaics. Found at Jiyyeh, 30km south of Beirut, they were brought by Walid Jumblatt to Beiteddine in 1982.
  During June, July and August, the palace hosts a well-known annual arts festival.