Saudi Arabia 50 Riyals Note 1983

Saudi Arabia Banknotes 50 Riyal Note 1983 King Fahd, Mosque of the Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem
Saudi Arabia money currency 50 Riyals Note 1983 Al-Aqsa Mosque
Saudi Arabia Banknotes 50 Riyal Note 1983
Fifty Riyals Note: Fourth Issue, printed during the reign of King Fahd.

Obverse: Contains a picture of King Fahd, near the middle, with the words "Fifty Riyals" below it. To the right, appear the serial number, and date of the Royal Decree, and the name of King Fahd. Below that is the water mark, with the signature of the Minister of Finance at the bottom. To the left, is the security thread and a view of the Mosque of the Dome of the Rock (at Jerusalem). Above that is the name of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, and at the bottom are the serial number and the signature of the Governor of SAMA.

Reverse: Contains a general view of the Holy Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. Above it is the name of SAMA, and under it is the value of the note, both in English. At the bottom right is the Kingdom's emblem. On the left side of the note is the water mark.
Size: 155 × 70 mm.  Color: Green.

Saudi Arabia banknotes - Saudi Arabia paper money
L. AH1379 - ND (1983-2003) Issue

The 4th Issue of Saudi Banknotes was put in circulation on 1/4/1404 H. (corresponding to 4/1/1984G.), during the Reign of The Custodian of The Two holy Mosques, King Fahad Bin Abdulaziz. This issue is unique for it added the denomination of the Five Hundred Saudi Riyals banknote to the then existing One Hundred, Fifty, Ten, Five and One Saudi Riyal banknotes. This also indicated a positive response to the evolving expansion in monetary dealings brought about by progressive economic developments in the Kingdom.

1 Riyal   5 Riyals   10 Riyals   50 Riyals   100 Riyals   500 Riyals

Dome of the Rock
The Dome of the Rock is a shrine located on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem. It was initially completed in 691 CE at the order of Umayyad Caliph Abd al-Malik during the Second Fitna. The Dome of the Rock is now one of the oldest works of Islamic architecture. It has been called 'Jerusalem's most recognizable landmark. The octagonal plan of the structure may have been influenced by the Byzantine Chapel of St Mary (also known as Kathisma and al-Qadismu) built between 451 and 458 on the road between Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
The site's significance stems from religious traditions regarding the rock, known as the Foundation Stone, at its heart, which bears great significance for Jews, Christians and Muslims.
The Dome of the Rock is located at the visual center of a platform known in English as the Temple Mount and in Arabic as Al-Haram al-Sharif, or "the Noble Sanctuary". It was constructed on the site of the Second Jewish Temple, which was destroyed during the Roman Siege of Jerusalem in 70 CE.
Muslims believe the location of the Dome of the Rock to be the site of the Islamic miracle of the Isra and Mi'raj. Caliph Omar ibn al Khattab (579-644) was advised by his associate, Ka'ab al-Ahbar, a Jewish rabbi who converted to Islam, that The Night Journey (Isra and Mi'raj), which is mentioned in the Quran and specified by the hadiths of being located in Jerusalem, took place at the site of the former Jewish Temples.

Al-Aqsa Mosque
Al-Aqsa Mosque also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, is the third holiest site in Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. The site on which the silver domed mosque sits, along with the Dome of the Rock, also referred to as al-Haram ash-Sharif ("the Noble Sanctuary"), is the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, the place where the Temple stood before being destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE. Muslims believe that Muhammad was transported from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca to al-Aqsa during the Night Journey. Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad led prayers towards this site until the seventeenth month after the emigration, when God directed him to turn towards the Kaaba.
The mosque was originally a small prayer house built by the Rashidun caliph Umar, but was rebuilt and expanded by the Umayyad caliph Abd al-Malik and finished by his son al-Walid in 705 CE. After an earthquake in 746, the mosque was completely destroyed and rebuilt by the Abbasid caliph al-Mansur in 754, and again rebuilt by his successor al-Mahdi in 780. Another earthquake destroyed most of al-Aqsa in 1033, but two years later the Fatimid caliph Ali az-Zahir built another mosque which has stood to the present-day. During the periodic renovations undertaken, the various ruling dynasties of the Islamic Caliphate constructed additions to the mosque and its precincts, such as its dome, facade, its minbar, minarets and the interior structure. When the Crusaders captured Jerusalem in 1099, they used the mosque as a palace and church, but its function as a mosque was restored after its recapture by Saladin in 1187. More renovations, repairs and additions were undertaken in the later centuries by the Ayyubids, Mamluks, Ottomans, the Supreme Muslim Council, and Jordan. Today, the Old City is under Israeli control, but the mosque remains under the administration of the Jordanian/Palestinian-led Islamic waqf.