Morocco 100 Dirhams on 10000 Francs banknote 1955

Morocco money currency 100 Dirhams 10000 Francs banknote view of Casablanca
Morocco banknotes 100 Dirhams 10000 Francs banknote Saadian garden pavilion Menara gardens Marrakech
Morocco 100 Dirhams on 10000 Francs banknote 1955
State Bank of Morocco - Banque d'Etat du Maroc
Provisional Dirham Overprint Issue

Obverse: Aerial view of Casablanca.
Reverse: Saadian garden pavilion of the Menara gardens in Marrakech.

Watermark: Head of a lion in profile.
Issuer: Banque d'√Čtat du Maroc.
Date of issue: 28 April 1955.
Printer: BdF - Banque de France.


Morocco banknotes - Morocco paper money 
1948-1958 Issue

50 Francs     100 Francs     500 Francs     1000 Francs     5000 Francs     10000 Francs













Casablanca
Casablanca ("White house"), the largest city of Morocco, is located in the western part of the country on the Atlantic Ocean. It is also the largest city in the Maghreb, as well as one of the largest and most important cities in Africa, both economically and demographically.
Casablanca is Morocco's chief port and industrial center. The 2012 census, adjusted with recent numbers, recorded a population of about 4 million in the prefecture of Casablanca and about 5 million in the region of Grand Casablanca. Casablanca is considered the economic and business center of Morocco, while the national political capital is Rabat.
The leading Moroccan companies and international corporations doing business there have their headquarters and main industrial facilities in Casablanca. Recent industrial statistics show Casablanca retains its historical position as the main industrial zone of the country. The Port of Casablanca is one of the largest artificial ports in the world, and the largest port of North Africa. It is also the primary naval base for the Royal Moroccan Navy.


Saadian Garden Pavilion Of The Menara Gardens
The Menara gardens are gardens located to the west of Marrakech, Morocco, at the gates of the Atlas mountains. They were built in the 12th century (c. 1130) by the Almohad ruler Abd al-Mu'min.
The name menara derives from the pavillon with its small green pyramid roof (menzeh). The pavilion was built during the 16th century Saadi dynasty and renovated in 1869 by sultan Abderrahmane of Morocco, who used to stay here in summertime.
The pavilion and basin (an artificial lake) are surrounded by orchards and olive groves. The intention of the basin was to irrigate the surrounding gardens and orchards using a sophisticated system of underground channels called a qanat. The basin is supplied with water thanks to an old hydraulic system which conveys water from the mountains located approximately 30 km away from Marrakech.